Friday, May 31, 2013

Think Before You Speak


I’ve been told in the past four years I won’t or can’t do a lot of things.

Last night I was sharing about my recent financing with Lowes so I could buy new appliances for my new house in Charlotte. I explained how I opened up a line of credit to finance it, 18 months same as cash. Then this guy commented

 “You won’t pay it off in 18 months.”

I turned to him and said “Yes I will”

“No you won’t”

Now wait a minute. You hardly know me. Yet you are going to sit there and tell me what I will and won’t do?! No sir, I don’t think so.

Shortly after my sophomore year I had to buy a new computer and wanted a Mac but couldn’t afford to just throw down $1,200. So I financed it through Best Buy for 18 months same as cash. I paid it off, every penny by myself, in 14 months.

I guess that’s the same as people telling me I couldn’t graduate high school in three years. I was 17 when I started college.

People told me that I couldn’t double major with a minor and graduate in four years. That I couldn’t handle 19+ credit hours each semester in order to make that timeline. That I couldn’t handle working (some semesters 30-45 hours/week), that heavy course load, and be a collegiate athlete.

I just graduated with latin honors three weeks ago with a degree in Management & Marketing, Psychology Minor and finished up my second year as Captain for the Rifle team.

I guess that person was right, I probably won’t be paying off those appliances in 18 months. 



(I want to note, I have some of the most supportive parents out there who have always encouraged me along with a God  who makes anything possible. So yes, I had some help along the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment