Sunday, April 14, 2019

The Noise of Silence

The Noise of Silence

It was in the moments of silence
I heard you the clearest
In the moments of despair
I dried my own tears 
 My fingers reached for the phone 
But we’re met with a blank screen
It’d been two weeks
Since I heard a peep from you there
Not a text or a call
Or a tag to be found anywhere 

They told me I built
My walls too deep
Too wide
Too high
But it was for moments like these
I thanked the bricks were in place

I was the most vulnerable that night 
Baring my soul
My woes
My cries
It was the first in my life
I got real
I went wide
Sharing it all
The pain wafting from my pores 

You heard it in my voice
You saw it in my face
For the first time in my life
I needed you there
I needed to come first
It was my turn to share first
Your turn to hear
I could sit back 
While you reached out to listen 
But it was evident this time
That now I no longer
Served your purpose

It was In those moments 
Guard let down
I found out in these moments
Who were my friends
Who had my six 

How do I know
The question would go
It was the moments of silence

I heard you the clearest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment